Congratulations! You’re in the right place!
We know that right now you might be:
- Struggling to decide what your niche is and the right product to start with
- Trying to figure out how to market your brand and how to get your product noticed
- Unsure how to price your products, disappointed with slow sales or confused about cashflow
- Needing help with branding, packaging and labelling and the legalities
- Not sure of the bigger steps of getting your products into retail stores
All this might mean you:
- Haven’t even started yet, baffled by what to do first or afraid to get it wrong.
- Keep changing your mind, losing confidence and hence never getting anywhere
- Are actually losing money from your business rather than making it
It’s totally not your fault.
There is so much to think about when starting out and no one to ask for help.
Imagine how amazing it would be to…
We’ve teamed up with industry experts that have helped many well known brands that started out just like you.
Now we are offering YOU our combined expertise and skills in how to build a successful beauty brand.
After completing this program our beauty entrepreneurs have:
Won awards for their products
Products stocked by online retailers
This could be you too!
Since taking the course I can work out retailers margins quickly and easily – you cant imagine the pressure this has taken off me.
I am excited about moving into retail and I am especially proud of the presentation material I have put together for retailers.
Working with Hils as my mentor enabled me to obtain personal support, talk through issues that came up and deal with them in real time. The positive feedback and encouragement in these sessions really helped to support my business.
Vicki Evans, Walk Mill Botanics
This high-impact mentoring program is only for you if:
- You are committed to your vision and ambition of becoming a successful beauty entrepreneur
- You have a strong desire to have a profitable beauty brand
- You have the motivation to do the work required
- You prepared to invest your time, energy and resources to achieve your dream
This is the ONLY training of its kind.
Here’s what’s included:
20 laser focused business lessons, with workbooks and video classes
Lesson by Lesson. Here’s what you get:
Module 1: Business Vision & Planning
Lesson 2: Business Planning
Business planning gives you a solid foundation for success, and its never too late even if you are already in business!
- Identify your strengths and maximize on the opportunities available to you.
- Be aware of weaknesses and potential pitfalls so you can avoid them.
- Understand what a business plan is and why you might need one
- How to do a SWOT analysis
- The 4 Ps of marketing
Module 2: The Market & Finding Your Niche
Lesson 4: Building Your Knowledge of the Market
The first step to finding your place in the market is to build your knowledge of the current marketplace. We’ll set you some enjoyable challenges to build your knowledge of your local market so you can make informed decisions, saving you time and money later on.
We’ll also do some competitor research which will help you create something unique.
BONUS Lesson: Getting to know your customers
The better you know your customers the more you can design products and a brand that they will love. We’ll share our top methods for getting to know your customers, their wants, needs, desires and preferences so you can create exactly what they are looking for. This is the key to creating a product your customers can’t live without and that flies off the shelves!
Module 3: Your Product Range
Lesson 6: How to Design Products your Customers Love
Learn the secret to formulating products your customers can’t live without!
Now that you know your customers needs and desires we’ll show you how to turn that knowledge into products specifically designed for your target audience. Targeted products that deliver real benefits for your chosen audience are the key to a successful brand and products that fly off the shelves.
Identify your STAR product and design your product range.
(NOTE: If you need to know how to create products then our Diploma in Natural Skincare Formulation is the perfect accompaniment to Build Your Beauty Brand)
Lesson 8: Choosing your packaging, componentry and suppliers
- How to choose your packaging; Advantages and disadvantages of different types of packaging
- Research and choose componentry and suppliers – they are central to the quality of your product and your production costs.
- Save time and money by getting this right from the start
BONUS: Ask a safety assessor
Our in house cosmetic safety assessor will be on hand to answer questions on cosmetic regulations, how to comply with the regulations, legalities and labelling.
Module 4: Pricing, Retailers, Distribution and Finance
Lesson 10: Pricing Your Products
- Price and position your products properly
- Know what margin to put on top to ensure you make a profit.
- With our help decide on you product price, wholesale prices and retail price.
BONUS: Jargon Busting Beauty Industry Glossary
Know your SKU from your GWP!
Theres a huge amount of jargon used in the Beauty and Retail industries! Understand all the jargon with our handy guide so you can appear professional when dealing with retailers.
Lesson 12: Finance, Budgeting, Cashflow and Forecasting
A successful business is one that generates profit!
- Discover the easy way to get to grips with start-up costs, ongoing costs, business expenses, margins, income and profit
- Use our simple tool to help you build your P&L (Profit & Loss) balance sheet and plan for profit!
- Use our Budget Tracker to help you track sales, costs and expenses
- Discover ways of finding or generating funding.
- Keep your start up costs affordable so you can get started straightaway
Module 5: Branding
Lesson 14: Visual Branding
Learn from a professional designers how to choose your:
- Packaging and Label Design
to match your brand vision and values and bring your personality into your brand.
Stand out form the crowd by infusing your brand with what makes it most unique…YOU!
My biggest learning from the course was the importance of branding.
I was at the stage of having good products but needed help with branding and marketing. The course has has helped me to get my story sounding better and also the story of each product. With your guidance my branding is finally coming together!
Module 6: Marketing
Lesson 16: Email and Blog Marketing
- Set up a mailing list or subscriber list of current and potential customers
- Nurture and engage your list through email marketing
- Keep customers coming back for more
- Setting up a blog: why you should bother and what to blog about
Lesson 18: Traditional PR & Blog BR
For this lesson we’ll be joined by Jenni Retourne, who runs Style with Substance and who specialises in leading communications and marketing campaigns for the beauty industry. She share her insider knowledge to help you:
- Promote your brand through Traditional PR (Public Relations)
- How to be featured in glossy magazines, newspapers and other media
- Work with popular Beauty Bloggers to reach a wide audience quickly and easily
Module 7: Promotions
Lesson 20: Creating your Kick-Ass Promotional and Marketing Plan
Market & Promote like a pro! Marketing is arguably the MOST important activity to any business.
- Plan Brand and Product Launches that ROCK!
- Create and implement an integrated, multi-method, ongoing Marketing Plan to build a sustainable brand that brings in consistent income for you.
After a 4 month wait 5 places have now opened up
I now have the confidence and knowledge to take my products to market.
“I hadn’t started my business before taking the Build Your Beauty Brand course, so I didn’t have any business knowledge and was a little afraid of starting my own business…it was all new to me and I wanted to feel confident about starting the process to sell my products.
The course has given me confidence in knowing the necessary steps to take getting my products on the market and I am excited about getting my products tested and then selling them.
Our experts have worked with hundreds of brands to generate significant online coverage, expand brand awareness and dramatically increase sales.
Now they want to help you.
It’s been such a useful and encouraging course – thank you Hils for being such a great mentor
Joanna White, Mallow and White
Hilary Crisp (known as Hils to most!) is an expert in the business and marketing arena of beauty and skincare, having worked as a marketer for premium beauty brands for more than 15 years.
Hils’ specialism is new business development – working with smaller brands such as The Organic Pharmacy to expand their distribution into retailers and prestigious high end department stores such as Harvey Nicholls, John Lewis, House of Fraser and Harrods.
Her expertise also includes:
- Launching and marketing brands, collections and products
- Developing new products and collections
- How to price products and increase profit margins
- Helping brands increase their distribution and get stocked by retailers; both online and in high end department stores
- Working with designers and suppliers of componentry, packaging and formulations
Gail Francombe & Gareth Despres
Gail & Gareth are the founders and Directors of the School of Natural Skincare International, a school that has taught hundreds of students worldwide how to professionally formulate natural and organic skincare products. Their graduates have developed and launched successful skincare ranges in the USA, Canada, UK, New Zealand, Asia and more.
Gail and Gareth have transformed a hobby into a multiple 6 figure business and now they are excited about sharing their experience and expertise to help you do the same.
Have a question? Check out our FAQ here
When can I join the programme?
This is an exclusive, high-impact programme that is open to a limited number of participants.
We can only accept a small number of participants at a time and when the programme is full a waiting list will be available.
We currently have 5 places available and expect these to fill quickly.
I live in the USA/ Canada, Australia/ India / New Zealand etc, is the programme applicable to me?
The industry works in the same way no matter which country you are in so everything you learn will be applicable. Previous participants have joined us from USA, Asia, UK, Middle East and Australia.
Which course should I start with, this or your Diploma in Natural Skincare Formulation?
We know that many people want to get on and get making and designing products – after all this is what you are really passionate about right?
We would, however, recommend that you begin with the Build you Beauty Brand: Business & Marketing Intensive. This is the course that will help you to gather the information you need to formulate products that customers will love. This course will help you to
- Discover the gaps in the market and find your niche
- Decide on the focus of your products and what problems they will solve
- Identify your target audience and define your ideal customers
- Understand the legalities, assessment processes and labelling requirements
- Plan and manage your business for profit. You’ll find out how to consider costs and expenses of your business, including product development and formulation – this will help you when you come to formulating your range.
- Get clear about your business, it’s vision, mission and ambition
Ultimately, this course is all about setting you up for success and providing you with the tools and methods to use to ensure continuous growth moving forwards. It’ll help you to save time & money, and minimise costly and frustrating mistakes.
Start here, and you’ll start the right way.
I’ve already started my business, is this programme relevant to me?
If you have already achieved the level of success you want that, then no; this course is probably not for you. But if you feel there is room for growth, improvements and expansion then yes, absolutely!
Do I need lots of money to get going/launch my brand?
You don’t need a lot of money to get yourself started because you are in a much stronger position if you start small with a Star Product and a small range of products (capsule range).
Through our Build your Beauty Brand: Business & Marketing Intensive, you’ll be able to
- Get started without spending a fortune
- Build a website for free
- Market & promote your brand for free
- Price your products properly, taking into consideration your costs, expenses, time, and desired margin, as well as your target market, so that you plan for profit
- Manage a simple P&L (profit & loss) sheet, keep an eye on your cashflow and control your budget
How long is the programme and how much time will I need to dedicate per week? I’m very busy at the moment, especially because I’m working full time.
We completely understand this because we started our own business while working full time. That’s why we’ve designed the course for busy people who need the things that will really make a difference.
We’ve broken the course down into 20 bite-sized lessons that are laser focused on what will make a real difference to your business. There are no pointless exercises that will waste your time, just the good stuff that will make a difference fast.
If you dedicate 2 hours per week to the course, this will be enough time to complete the exercises and come with excellent ideas. Some of the research and implementation of the ideas may take a bit take longer.
In addition, you can download and keep the material forever which means that you can keep referring to it and adding to it as your business grows.
Can I pay in a different currency? How much is the course in my currency?
You can pay in either GBP Sterling or US Dollars.When you enrol Paypal will convert the currency into your local currency for you according to the exchange rate at the time. If you would like to check the conversion rates with your own currency, you can do by going to one of the following websites
If I join the payment plan can I start the course right away?
Yes, all you need to do to get started is pay your first installment and you will receive access to the first two modules.
A new module will be unlocked after each payment so you’ll receive the content over the next 5-6 months.
If you pay in full the entire 20 lesson course is available to you immediately.
Is there a self-study option?
No, to ensure the greatest impact on your business this programme is only available with personal support from your mentor Hils Crisp.