The great thing is you can easily recreate these gorgeous shower scrub bars at home with just a few ingredients! Here is our recipe for an uplifting shower scrub bar made with cocoa butter and shea butter to moisturise, epsom salts to exfoliate and lemongrass essential oil to refresh and uplift (plus its great for boosting circulation too).
Rise & Shine Shower Scrub Bar
You will need:
55g cocoa butter
15g shea butter
15g vegetable oil of your choice (sunflower, peach kernel, fractionated coconut oil, etc)
14g beeswax or almond wax
1g (approx 20 drops) lemongrass essential oil (or essential oil of your choice)
100g coarse sea salt or epsom salt (you could replace this with sugar if you wish)
Silicone ice cube tray
How to make
1. Weigh the butters, wax and vegetable oil.
2. Melt together gently in a bain marie (also known as a water bath or double boiler).
3. Once melted remove from the heat. Mix together with salt and essential oil and spoon into a silicone ice cube.
4. Place the ice cube tray in the fridge or freezer and allow the bars to set.
Take one into the shower and gently rub onto the body in circular motions and rinse off. Emerge with silky soft skin!
*Important* As they don’t contain a preservative these shower scrub bars are for single use only. That’s why it’s good to make them in an ice cube tray, then they are the perfect size for one use. Store them in a dry place.
FREE VIDEO TRAINING SERIES:
HOW TO FORMULATE NATURAL & ORGANIC CLEANSERS
There are many different types of facial cleanser that you can make (or buy) and each is formulated in a completely different way.
In this free video training series we’ll look at the different types of cleansing products in detail so you’ll know how to formulate them for yourself or to sell.
With this training you'll get:
- The essential theory required to make a natural & organic cleansers
- A free formula for a natural Jelly Cleanser created in our Cosmetics Lab by our team of Cosmetic Scientist
- A free formula for a more simple cleansing balm created in our Cosmetics Lab by our team of Cosmetic Scientist
- A video demonstration showing you how to make a Jelly Cleanser using the free formula we give you! You get to see how it is all done in practice!
- A supplier list so you can buy the ingredients and make your cleansers
Become a naturalskincare formulator!
Sign up for our free newsletter and get our best product making tips, expert formulating advice and course offers... plus our Natural Beauty Recipe Book.