The great thing is you can easily recreate these gorgeous shower scrub bars at home with just a few ingredients! Here is our recipe for an uplifting shower scrub bar made with cocoa butter and shea butter to moisturise, epsom salts to exfoliate and lemongrass essential oil to refresh and uplift (plus its great for boosting circulation too).
Rise & Shine Shower Scrub Bar
You will need:
55g cocoa butter
15g shea butter
15g vegetable oil of your choice (sunflower, peach kernel, fractionated coconut oil, etc)
14g beeswax or almond wax
1g (approx 20 drops) lemongrass essential oil (or essential oil of your choice)
100g coarse sea salt or epsom salt (you could replace this with sugar if you wish)
Silicone ice cube tray
How to make
1. Weigh the butters, wax and vegetable oil.
2. Melt together gently in a bain marie (also known as a water bath or double boiler).
3. Once melted remove from the heat. Mix together with salt and essential oil and spoon into a silicone ice cube.
4. Place the ice cube tray in the fridge or freezer and allow the bars to set.
Take one into the shower and gently rub onto the body in circular motions and rinse off. Emerge with silky soft skin!
*Important* As they don’t contain a preservative these shower scrub bars are for single use only. That’s why it’s good to make them in an ice cube tray, then they are the perfect size for one use. Store them in a dry place.
Click the image below to download your
Free Natural Beauty Recipe Book!
Learn to make your own natural skincare products with luxurious natural ingredients.
Download this fabulous book and discover recipes for:
- Frankincense Anti-Aging Facial Serum with Coenzyme Q10
- Lavender and Geranium Rejuvenating Facial Serum
- Protective Winter Time Hand Cream
- Orange and Ylang Ylang Facial Moisturizer for Dry Skin
- Grapefruit and Orange Stretch Mark Body Butter
- Soothing and Moisturizing Facial Mist
Become a naturalskincare formulator!
Sign up for our free newsletter and get our best product making tips, expert formulating advice and course offers... plus our Natural Beauty Recipe Book.