This is a dry anhydrous mask that the consumer (or yourself!) mixes with water just before use.
There are a few benefits of creating (and selling) a dry powder-based mask like this:
- As they are anhydrous ithey don’t need a preservative.
- They have a long shelf life.
- They are fresh and potent when you apply them (especially important when using ingredients such as L-ascorbic acid).
We hope you enjoy it!
Vitamin C powder (L-ascorbic acid) – a potent antioxidant that can improve signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles and age spots. It can also lighten and brighten the skin and make it firmer by improving skin elasticity.
Green clay – absorbs impurities from the skin, and helps to detoxify, cleanse and purify, rejuvenate and nourish the skin due to its high mineral content.
Tapioca starch – extracted from cassava root, it’s used for its excellent absorbency of oils and to give the product a fine and smooth feel.
Matcha green tea – originates from Japan. It contains very high levels of antioxidants called catechin polyphenols, enzymes, amino acids, vitamins and minerals. It detoxifies the skin, stimulates and rejuvenates skin cells.
Honey powder – attracts dirt from pores and dead skin cells from the surface of the skin. Moisturizes and possesses antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It also acts as a natural cleanser by softening and smoothing the skin.
Neroli essential oil – also known as orange blossom, because the oil is extracted from the flowers that blossom on the orange tree. A regenerating and healing essential oil that is excellent for mature skin and is also an antidepressant and aphrodisiac!
Vitamin C Antioxidant Face Mask Formula/Recipe
|INGREDIENT||% IN FORMULA||AMOUNT IN GRAMS
|Vitamin C powder (L-ascorbic acid)||1%||1g|
|Neroli essential oil||0.5%||0.5g|
Directions: how to make
This is really simple to make! Weigh out each ingredient in turn and mix together well. Transfer into your packaging of choice.
Directions: how to use
Mix approximately two teaspoons with enough water to make a paste. Apply with a brush or finger tips. Leave on for 5-15 minutes and rinse off.
What other ingredients can you add to face masks?
These dry powder-based face masks lend themselves really well to a whole range of gorgeous ingredients such as:
- Vitamins and minerals – Vitamin C, Pro Vitamin B5, MSM (the beauty mineral), and more
- Botanical extracts
- Milk powders.
What could you create?
How about something inspired by a yummy beverage but with a MUCH longer shelf life:
- Matcha Latte mask
- Coconut Chai mask
- Pina Colada
- Superfood Berry Smoothie
Or something with specialist ingredients like spirulina, activated charcoal and raw cacao:
- Activated Charcoal Deep Cleanse Mask
- Green Goddess Superfood Mask
- Raw Cacao Antioxidant Boost.
Free Facial Oil Formulation Challenge
Design a facial oil (that flies off the shelves) in 5 days!
Learn how to to formulate natural and organic skincare products that people need, want and love
- and keep coming back to buy more!
In this FREE challenge you'll:
- Learn our 5 steps to creating products customers need, want and love - and keep coming back to buy more
- Design your own unique & gorgeous facial serum - with our help
- Know how to create products for different skin types
- Learn how to choose which ingredients to use
- Join our tutors and your peers for a fun, interactive experience
This is for you if:
- You have some experience or no experience
- You want to start creating your own recipes rather than follow others
- You'd like to create a unique product range for yourself or to sell
This training is usually reserved for paid students only. For a limited time we're inviting you too!
Become a naturalskincare formulator!
Sign up for our free newsletter and get our best product making tips, expert formulating advice and course offers... plus our Natural Beauty Recipe Book.