This body oil is simple to make and simply divine! An exotic, sensual, moisturizing oil with patchouli, ylang ylang, frankincense and orange.
It smoothes, softens and rejuvenates all skin types. Give your skin some TLC! This recipe is taken from our Certificate in Making Natural Skincare Products which contains over 120+ recipes for creams, lotions, body butters, cleansers, serums and more! See the full course details here.
The essential oils:
- Ylang ylang is calming and soothing: an exotic and luxurious aphrodisiac.
- Orange is sweet, cheery and uplifting with a toning action to the skin.
- Patchouli adds an earthy, musky and spicy aroma suitable for nervous tension, exhaustion, stress, and is also an aphrodisiac. Not suitable for use during pregnancy.
- Frankincense oil has been used throughout the ages as an aid for meditation, rest and comfort. It calms, slows and deepens the breathing therefore aiding relaxation. Not suitable for use during the first trimester of pregnancy.
The carrier oils
- Apricot/peach/sweet almond oil is emollient, softening and smoothing with a high content of oleic acid.
- Sunflower oil is high in linoleic acid, an omega 6 essential fatty acid. It has anti-inflammatory and regenerating activity, supports skin’s barrier function and increases hydration.
- Calendula is antiseptic and anti-inflammatory and can be used to heal any type of skin complaint: dry, chapped skin, itchy skin, eczema, psoriasis, bruises, burns, acne, grazes, cold sores and nappy rash.
- Macadamia nut oil is rich in oleic acid which is moisturizing and regenerating for the skin. It also contains approximately 20% of palmitoleic acid that has proven antimicrobial activity.
How to make the body oil
Blend all the oils together and pour into a 100ml bottle – preferably one with a pump top, spray top or a flip cap for easy application.
48.9g peach kernel, apricot kernel or almond oil
20g sunflower oil
20g calendula infused oil
10g macadamia nut oil
0.1g Vitamin E
0.3g sweet orange essential oil
0.3g patchouli essential oil
0.2g frankincense essential oil
0.2g ylang ylang essential oil
Apply to dry or to damp skin – perfect for use after a bath or shower. Enjoy!
If you liked this, then you’ll love our Free Natural Beauty Recipe Book! Download it below.
Click the image below to download your
Free Natural Beauty Recipe Book!
Learn to make your own natural skincare products with luxurious natural ingredients.
Download this fabulous book and discover recipes for:
- Frankincense Anti-Aging Facial Serum with Coenzyme Q10
- Lavender and Geranium Rejuvenating Facial Serum
- Protective Winter Time Hand Cream
- Orange and Ylang Ylang Facial Moisturizer for Dry Skin
- Grapefruit and Orange Stretch Mark Body Butter
- Soothing and Moisturizing Facial Mist
Become a naturalskincare formulator!
Sign up for our free newsletter and get our best product making tips, expert formulating advice and course offers... plus our Natural Beauty Recipe Book.