Recipe and method
80g shea butter at room temperature (soften a little in a bain-marie if the butter is cold as it won’t whisk if too cold).
18g cold pressed sunflower oil (or any other vegetable/carrier oil).
2g (approx 40 drops) essential oil of your choice (optional – if you don’t use any essential oil, then use 20g of cold pressed sunflower oil)
Whisk the butter with an electric hand whisk until light and fluffy, add the sunflower oil and whisk again. Finally, add the essential oil, whisk one last time and put in pots. Use for amazingly soft, smooth skin!
Shea butter is soothing and nourishing and leaves skin really soft and smooth. Great for all skin types, especially dry skin.
Remember to check essential oil safety data before use and do a patch test. Don’t allow any water to get into the product and store away from direct sunlight – the body butter will then have a shelf life of around six months.
FREE VIDEO TRAINING SERIES:
HOW TO FORMULATE NATURAL & ORGANIC CLEANSERS
There are many different types of facial cleanser that you can make (or buy) and each is formulated in a completely different way.
In this free video training series we’ll look at the different types of cleansing products in detail so you’ll know how to formulate them for yourself or to sell.
With this training you'll get:
- The essential theory required to make a natural & organic cleansers
- A free formula for a natural Jelly Cleanser created in our Cosmetics Lab by our team of Cosmetic Scientist
- A free formula for a more simple cleansing balm created in our Cosmetics Lab by our team of Cosmetic Scientist
- A video demonstration showing you how to make a Jelly Cleanser using the free formula we give you! You get to see how it is all done in practice!
- A supplier list so you can buy the ingredients and make your cleansers
Become a naturalskincare formulator!
Sign up for our free newsletter and get our best product making tips, expert formulating advice and course offers... plus our Natural Beauty Recipe Book.