Work with us
You’ll be joining a passionate, independent and fast growing organization that teaches individuals to formulate and create their own natural/ organic skincare products and build their own beauty brands.
Job Title: Formulation Tutor (Natural and Organic Cosmetics)
Organization: School of Natural Skincare
Part time, home based, freelance position, with flexible hours – circa 10-15 hours per month (with the possibility of further hours). Competitive hourly rate. This position is open to candidates based anywhere in the world. You will be an independent contractor.
Our students are learning formulate their own natural and organic cosmetic products either for themselves or to start or grow a beauty brand. The Formulation Tutor supports students in their studies through answering questions and creating educational resources including product formulas.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
Reporting to the Directors of the School, you’ll be required to deliver the following:
- Support our students with their studies by answering questions, providing formulation and troubleshooting advice
- Formulate products for educational purposes
- Trial ingredients, conduct experiments and evaluate results, sharing these experiences with students
- Write / research information for articles and social media about a variety of topics related to natural and organic skincare, product formulation and cosmetic safety
- Create or contribute to educational resources including course materials, guides, video demonstrations and social media content.
Educated to A Level or Degree Level (High School/ College / University Graduate)
At least 3 years practical formulation experience formulating natural and organic cosmetics.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, Personal Attributes, Behaviours, Competencies:
- 3 years+ practical formulating experience of natural and/or organic cosmetics
- Logical and scientific approach to formulating and a high level of attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience of using a wide range of natural emulsifiers, surfactants, preservatives and other cosmetic ingredients
- Ability to conduct research into natural/plant derived ingredients (including uses, benefits, efficacy, sourcing, manufacturing etc.)
- Keen interest in latest trends, developments and advances in the industry and ability to report on these
- Passionate about, and personal interest in, natural and organic skincare
- Enjoys sharing ideas, findings, experiments and advice and teaching others
- Experience using a range of social media platforms
- Excellent customer service skills
- Fluency in written and verbal English. Ability to write clearly and succinctly, explain complex subjects in an easy to understand way
- Excellent organization skills, the ability to plan, prioritize and manage own workload, work independently to a schedule and meet deadlines
- Proactive, able to come up with ideas that will interest, education and inspire our audience
- Can use initiative to solve problems and make suggestions
- Helpful, positive outlook and a can-do attitude
- Qualification in Cosmetic Science
- Experience of product development from product brief to finished product
- Knowledge of cosmetic regulations and certifications
- Experience of product testing eg stability and PET
- Experience of selling cosmetic products
- Knowledge of, or an interest in researching, value based cosmetics e.g. vegan, fairtrade, sustainable, halal
- Able to take good photos and record videos.
- Experience of using online software eg Google Drive and Asana
HOW TO APPLY:
Use the form below. You’ll be required to upload your CV or Resume.