Summer is a great time to use a body scrub and it is so exciting to be able to share this beautiful recipe with you. Making your own body scrub is so much fun and allows you to experiment with different ingredients, scents and textures to suit your taste.
This scrub will leave your skin soft, glowing, wonderfully moisturized and smelling gorgeous.
Two ingredients in the scrub act as exfoliators – coffee grounds and sugar. As they are both abrasive they exfoliate on a mechanical level. The scrub stimulates blood circulation leaving the skin glowing and revitalized.
Coconut oil is great for moisturizing the skin, leaving it soft and supple.
Cinnamon is an antiseptic, which helps to reduce bacteria on the surface of the skin and is also great for the prevention of spots and treating the existent ones.
Vanilla extract adds a beautiful sweet smell to this scrub, making it totally irresistible.
To make the scrub you will need:115g ground coffee
115g raw sugar
60g cold pressed raw coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
Few drops of vanilla extract (optional)
How to make the body scrub:
- Mix the coffee, sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Once mixed, add the softened coconut oil and vanilla extract to achieve a scrub-like consistency. If the coconut oil is solidified you can melt it in a bain marie for a few seconds before adding it to the mixture.
- When ready transfer to an airtight container or a glass jar and that’s it, you have a gorgeous smelling scrub.
You can also make this scrub as you go by using the smaller amounts of the ingredients.
These measurements are approximate and you can always adjust them to make the consistency you prefer.
Usage and Storage
This scrub is wonderful to use in a shower and there is no need to moisturize afterwards. It is suitable for all skin types. It’s important to store this product in a dry place and ensure that water doesn’t enter the product when you are using it. As long as you don’t get any water in it, has a shelf life of around a month.
To use, apply a small handful of the scrub on dampened skin, rub in circular motions and rinse off.
It is important to always try to use the ingredients that are as natural, organic and unprocessed as possible. These ingredients are in their purest form and retain most of their nutrient content. They are also better for the environment!
This scrub can make a wonderful gift, just get some fancy labels and ribbons to decorate the jar and use your imagination and personal touch for a joyful present.
If you like this recipe do sign up for your free Natural Beauty Recipe Book, below!
FREE VIDEO TRAINING SERIES:
HOW TO FORMULATE NATURAL & ORGANIC CLEANSERS
There are many different types of facial cleanser that you can make (or buy) and each is formulated in a completely different way.
In this free video training series we’ll look at the different types of cleansing products in detail so you’ll know how to formulate them for yourself or to sell.
With this training you'll get:
- The essential theory required to make a natural & organic cleansers
- A free formula for a natural Jelly Cleanser created in our Cosmetics Lab by our team of Cosmetic Scientist
- A free formula for a more simple cleansing balm created in our Cosmetics Lab by our team of Cosmetic Scientist
- A video demonstration showing you how to make a Jelly Cleanser using the free formula we give you! You get to see how it is all done in practice!
- A supplier list so you can buy the ingredients and make your cleansers
Become a naturalskincare formulator!
Sign up for our free newsletter and get our best product making tips, expert formulating advice and course offers... plus our Natural Beauty Recipe Book.