We’ll be using lots of lovely ingredients:
Rose water (rose hydrosol/hydrolate) – gentle, cooling, soothing, astringent and anti-inflammatory.
Cucumber extract – a moisturizer and active ingredient in one. Cucumber has been extracted into glycerine to preserve it. Soothing and cooling. Great for sensitive skin and helps to reduce dark circles around the eyes.
Aloe vera – hydrating, emollient, reduces inflammation, antioxidant. Read more about Aloe Vera here.
Glycerine – humectant; draws water into the skin from the atmosphere to increase hydration of skin.
Recipe for Rose, Aloe and Cucumber Facial Spritz
(Makes a 100ml bottle)
85g rose hydrosol/hydrolate (or another hydrosol of your choice)
9g aloe vera liquid
3g cucumber extract (water soluble, extracted in glycerine. You could also replace this with glycerine.)
1g preservative of choice*
100ml bottle with spritzer top
* As this product is a hydrous product (it contains water) a broad spectrum preservative is necessary (Vitamin E, rosemary extract and grapefruit seed extract are NOT preservatives). Use your preservative according to the manufacturers instructions and adjust the recipe accordingly. We like using Preservative Eco (INCI Benzyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid, Glycerine, Sorbic Acid) from Aromantic (UK) as it is an Ecocert certified preservative. This is also sold as Geogard™ ECT available from Voyageur Soap and Candle Company (USA) and Plantaserv M available from New Directions (Australia).
How to make the spritzer/toner:
The most accurate way to measure your ingredients is to weigh everything in grams. Measure the glycerine into your bottle or jug. Next add the preservative and mix well. Then add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
How to use your spritzer/toner
Spritz throughout the day to freshen and hydrate. Can also be used as a gentle toner by applying with cotton wool after cleansing.
Click the image below to download your
Free Natural Beauty Recipe Book!
Learn to make your own natural skincare products with luxurious natural ingredients.
Download this fabulous book and discover recipes for:
- Frankincense Anti-Aging Facial Serum with Coenzyme Q10
- Lavender and Geranium Rejuvenating Facial Serum
- Protective Winter Time Hand Cream
- Orange and Ylang Ylang Facial Moisturizer for Dry Skin
- Grapefruit and Orange Stretch Mark Body Butter
- Soothing and Moisturizing Facial Mist
Become a naturalskincare formulator!
Sign up for our free newsletter and get our best product making tips, expert formulating advice and course offers... plus our Natural Beauty Recipe Book.