These Rose and Cocoa Butter Bath Truffles are super simple to make, look beautiful and leave the skin silky and smooth. We like to call these bath bombs ‘bath truffles’ due to the indulgent cocoa butter they contain.
Adapt this using essential oils, colors and petals as you wish.
Bath Truffle recipe:
180g bicarbonate of soda
60g citric acid
20g cocoa butter
1g essential oil (approx 30 drops) (optional)
How to make the bath truffles
- Melt the cocoa butter gently over a bain marie (double boiler). Allow
- Mix all the dry ingredients together. You may wish to put them through a sieve to make sure there are no lumps. Add your essential oil and mix in well. Add colors too, if you wish.
- Slowly drizzle the melted butter in a little at a time, and mix well. You want the mixture to stick together when you squeeze it.
- Pack firmly into a
mold– silicone molds, ice cube trays or cake cases work well. You can add a few flower petals to the bottom of the moldso that when you turn them out the petals are on the top of the bath truffle. Alternatively, if you are using cake cases you can place a rose bud or other petals onto the top.
- Put in the fridge and allow to harden (about 1.5 hrs).
- To use – run a warm bath and pop one in just before you get in. Relax and enjoy!
FREE VIDEO TRAINING SERIES:
HOW TO FORMULATE NATURAL & ORGANIC CLEANSERS
There are many different types of facial cleanser that you can make (or buy) and each is formulated in a completely different way.
In this free video training series we’ll look at the different types of cleansing products in detail so you’ll know how to formulate them for yourself or to sell.
With this training you'll get:
- The essential theory required to make a natural & organic cleansers
- A free formula for a natural Jelly Cleanser created in our Cosmetics Lab by our team of Cosmetic Scientist
- A free formula for a more simple cleansing balm created in our Cosmetics Lab by our team of Cosmetic Scientist
- A video demonstration showing you how to make a Jelly Cleanser using the free formula we give you! You get to see how it is all done in practice!
- A supplier list so you can buy the ingredients and make your cleansers
Become a naturalskincare formulator!
Sign up for our free newsletter and get our best product making tips, expert formulating advice and course offers... plus our Natural Beauty Recipe Book.