This is a dry anhydrous mask that the consumer (or yourself!) mixes with water just before use.
There are a few benefits of creating (and selling) a dry powder-based mask like this:
- As they are anhydrous ithey don’t need a preservative.
- They have a long shelf life.
- They are fresh and potent when you apply them (especially important when using ingredients such as L-ascorbic acid).
We hope you enjoy it!
Vitamin C powder (L-ascorbic acid) – a potent antioxidant that can improve signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles and age spots. It can also lighten and brighten the skin and make it firmer by improving skin elasticity.
Green clay – absorbs impurities from the skin, and helps to detoxify, cleanse and purify, rejuvenate and nourish the skin due to its high mineral content.
Tapioca starch – extracted from cassava root, it’s used for its excellent absorbency of oils and to give the product a fine and smooth feel.
Matcha green tea – originates from Japan. It contains very high levels of antioxidants called catechin polyphenols, enzymes, amino acids, vitamins and minerals. It detoxifies the skin, stimulates and rejuvenates skin cells.
Honey powder – attracts dirt from pores and dead skin cells from the surface of the skin. Moisturizes and possesses antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It also acts as a natural cleanser by softening and smoothing the skin.
Neroli essential oil – also known as orange blossom, because the oil is extracted from the flowers that blossom on the orange tree. A regenerating and healing essential oil that is excellent for mature skin and is also an antidepressant and aphrodisiac!
Vitamin C Antioxidant Face Mask Formula/Recipe
|INGREDIENT||% IN FORMULA||AMOUNT IN GRAMS
|Vitamin C powder (L-ascorbic acid)||1%||1g|
|Neroli essential oil||0.5%||0.5g|
Directions: how to make
This is really simple to make! Weigh out each ingredient in turn and mix together well. Transfer into your packaging of choice.
Directions: how to use
Mix approximately two teaspoons with enough water to make a paste. Apply with a brush or finger tips. Leave on for 5-15 minutes and rinse off.
What other ingredients can you add to face masks?
These dry powder-based face masks lend themselves really well to a whole range of gorgeous ingredients such as:
- Vitamins and minerals – Vitamin C, Pro Vitamin B5, MSM (the beauty mineral), and more
- Botanical extracts
- Milk powders.
What could you create?
How about something inspired by a yummy beverage but with a MUCH longer shelf life:
- Matcha Latte mask
- Coconut Chai mask
- Pina Colada
- Superfood Berry Smoothie
Or something with specialist ingredients like spirulina, activated charcoal and raw cacao:
- Activated Charcoal Deep Cleanse Mask
- Green Goddess Superfood Mask
- Raw Cacao Antioxidant Boost.
FREE VIDEO TRAINING SERIES:
HOW TO FORMULATE NATURAL & ORGANIC CLEANSERS
There are many different types of facial cleanser that you can make (or buy) and each is formulated in a completely different way.
In this free video training series we’ll look at the different types of cleansing products in detail so you’ll know how to formulate them for yourself or to sell.
With this training you'll get:
- The essential theory required to make a natural & organic cleansers
- A free formula for a natural Jelly Cleanser created in our Cosmetics Lab by our team of Cosmetic Scientist
- A free formula for a more simple cleansing balm created in our Cosmetics Lab by our team of Cosmetic Scientist
- A video demonstration showing you how to make a Jelly Cleanser using the free formula we give you! You get to see how it is all done in practice!
- A supplier list so you can buy the ingredients and make your cleansers
Become a naturalskincare formulator!
Sign up for our free newsletter and get our best product making tips, expert formulating advice and course offers... plus our Natural Beauty Recipe Book.